Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Away from The Attractions - Mount Dora & the Orange Blossom Cannonball, Tavares  (Read 3705 times)
Graham Dearman
Home Owner

« on: November 10, 2013, 02:44:33 am »

We've had some great days out away from The Attractions - St Augustine, Winter Park and today - Mount Dora and riding the Orange Blossom Cannonball - "America's No. 1 Movie Train" - a wood burning, steam locomotive in Tavares, about 5 miles west of Mount Dora.

Mount Dora is a quaint, old fashioned town - similar to but smaller than St Augustine or Winter Park and is situated next to scenic Lake Dora. It's about 45 minutes drive from Sunset Lakes - up SR429 & 441, NW of Orlando.

Having been away from the UK for 4 weeks, we lunched well on Cottage Pie, Apple Crumble & Pots of Tea at The Windsor Rose English Restaurant - it made a lovely change from steaks & burgers!

Incidentally, the drive from Mount Dora to Tavares along Lakeshore Drive features some great views over Lake Dora and some stunning lakeside houses - many of which are for sale if you're interested!

Graham Dearman
2927 SVB
suecoleman
Home Owner

Dancing with Donald

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 01:58:43 pm »

thanks Graham . nice to know that ..I did not realise about the train ride ...sounds fanatstic!
Something for me to try next year and add to my website ideas for guests

You only get out of life, what you put in.....!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: